RE: Watercolor Ideas Needed

---------

From: Sears, Ellen (ESears_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 13 2004 - 05:44:32 PDT

Several years ago we did some experimental watercolor - special effects,
washes... two sheets of paper, then numbered and cut into strips and wove -
also made baskets with lids (think rectangular prisms.)

This year my 7th graders did crayon rubbings on 18 x 24 paper - both sides -
water color, salt, scrapings, more rubbings, stampings... tore the paper
into 'pages' (9" x 6") - piano hinged for the binding and added small
origami books, scraps of sketches, lots of stuff to the pages - then
searched for descriptive passages in text - retyped, cut apart and collaged
in the books. - got in a lot of techniques, color theory, textures... and
they were beautiful... so if everyone is tired - this may be a nice way to
get some watercolor in -

        Ellen

---