watercolor ideas needed

---------

From: Marian Colman (colmans1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 22:42:42 PDT

Joe,
We do 3 technique sheets ( washes, special techniques and how to create
whites) and then an 11 x 14 landscape watercolor. Students do a basic
composition using photos on 11 x 14 white drawing paper. Then they
transfer to good paper using the window. They must use their techniques
in the landscape.
Watercolor collage is great too. Create different colors/textures on
watercolor paper, cur or tear and create the subject. We've done natural
subjects such as animals, fish, birds, flowers etc. Keep the subject
simple for best results. I don't have a web site to direct you to for
examples, but I think it's easy to imagine.
Marian

---