Re: Watercolor Ideas Needed

---------

From: gail kizis (smokealarm7_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 18:41:35 PDT

This year with my Art 1 classes, I hot glued 5 fat plastic hangers to a scrap piece of matboard. Next, I had the class lightly sketch the HOLES. We were studying negative space. Then they outlined the holes with sharpie markers.
This was on watercolor paper by the way. N-ee-hooo, next, came the demonstration of watercolor techniques and introduction to analogous color schemes.
The students had to use analogous colors and at least 5 techniques to paint the "holes".
The results were great and the kids seemed to like them.
I teach 9 - 12 grade art in texas.
have a great summer.
nancy in north texas

---