Re: Watercolor Ideas Needed

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 17:02:38 PDT

Joe,
    Here's a watercolor idea my 8th graders did over what I call a
"white on white"
collage. With the right subject it can be wonderful. We used adobe churches.
Do a quick, loose drawing first then glue various types of "torn" paper over
the shapes. My kids did a small abstract experiment first to get the
idea of being
loose and free and letting the various papers do their thing.
    http://www.taospaint.com/AdobeLesson.html
I've done a few myself and found it fun.
                                  Woody in KC

Joe Cox wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Well it is the end of the year and my brain is zapped. I am trying to
> come up with a new and fresh project for watercolor and just can't
> think of anything. I have look at the various and wonderful website
> of you great teachers but nothing is standing out as wow. (Please do
> not take offense the ideas are great.) Maybe I am just tired. Maybe I
> need a good night sleep. Anyway if anyone has a watercolor lesson for
> high school students (who are just as tired as I am) that was a
> success or failure please pass it along. Thanks you.
>
> Blessings,
> Joe
> <http://explorer.msn.com>

---