Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

See Melissa's Paper Doll Lesson - A BIG hit!

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 14:36:00 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Yes - I said paper dolls! Fine art paper dolls are all
the rage. I have seen them selling for $50.00 and
more. Melissa's lesson was a rel mootivators - it may
even be worth a try towards the end of the year...A
lesson for 8th graders to express their feelings
towards their middle school years...One year I did
Dancing Haring figures for that purpose - cut for Dow
board (ours were 18 to 24 inched tall).

Here is Melissa Speelmans lesson:
Student handout to come. She did this with 8th graders
and they loved it!

I saw a lesson done with high school student on a web
site but can not find it now. The high school ones
were much larger - and done with an artist in

This will eventually be written up into lesson plan
format. For now - those interested can write their own
very easily.

Thanks Melissa!

Judy Decker

Judy Decker