Re: alternative assignment - See March posts

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 10:57:28 PDT

Greetings Ann,

You don't give us much to go on here. Just what all
was the assingment for the 8th graders who did it?
What kind of works did the other students do? How do
we know what you would consider to be "rigorous"? And
how do we know what kind of supplies you have on hand?

Have your own mini Art Show for those who did not
participate. It seems you should have had a plan in
advance - so students would have known what the
alternative was for NOT doing the expo.

Scroll down to "alternative project" thread.
http://www.getty.edu/artsednet/hm/Mar04/thread.html

Browse sites on this page to pick out your own
"rigorous" activity:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/4kids-4teach.htm

Or pick something rigorous from the many plans on
Incredible Art Department. I like the Thanks Painting
by Jesse - that would be doable with the short time
you have left. These kiddies can count their blessings
you are giving them another chance (smile).

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker

--- Ann Wilschke <awilschk@remc11.k12.mi.us> wrote:
> I assigned my 8th graders to enter the local big art
> expo. Of course, some did not, and I want to give >
them an alternative rigorous