RE: top five art videos for middle school

---------

From: Larry Seiler (lseiler_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 12 2004 - 05:08:47 PDT

I have the Artist Series videos...and they are entertaining. Kids can pick
up perhaps something cultural about the times these artists lived in,
something about their work...but for the most part they are entertaining and
partial truths. Each one, the artist finds himself in a predicament, and it
requires a young teen to bring them around to see reality for what it is.
The artist learning some moral lesson thru the young person.

They will be enjoyed.

More and more I am seeing kids implode. Me, myself and I...are all that
matters. It can be frustrating, but its all the more obvious to me why art
is needed in school! The kids need to be brought outside of themselves.
For their sake...and the sake of aesthetics and the culture's future. The
Artist series are especially good if you intend to show an art video for a
substitute. They are fun to watch, and can lead to discussions and
activities.

Larry S.

---