digi scanning and importing with kids

---------

From: Adriane Pereira (picturelady_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 18:37:42 PDT

Hello Art Educators,
I am hoping some of you might be able to advise me about the abilities
that student ages 6 - 8 and 9-13 may have with scanning and importing
pics to a computer. I teach photo in a high school so I am familiar
with how older kids operate. I was offered a job for the summer to
teach a workshop on making family trees using digital cameras and
scanners to input pictures to the tree. The classes are divided by age
groups. I have a lovely plan but since i dont normally work with
students this age I am not sure how to maximize my time. Let me know
how you digital guru's teach . Do you separate into small time segments?
Actively involve group activities? Buddy system? How fast will the
little ones type in their information?
How should i start things off? Rules? Fun? Introductions? I usually get
my older kids to help each other.....How bout these little ones will
they help each other out?
The total time for the workshop is 15 hours. I'd like to be as
efficient as possible with our time. Thanks!
Adriane in miami

---