RE: top five art videos for middle school

---------

croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 08:23:44 PDT

One thing that I do while previewing it...is to write down lots of questions...really simple ones that only take one or two words as an answer.

Like, what city does this take place in? Or what year? And I don't care if they share the answers as they are watching it. It makes the information stick in their minds.
Of course, I don't tell them to share the answers...I just don't say anything when they do.

Also, between questions, I give them enough time, so they can read the next question and be on the alert for the answer. The questions are really simple...

Sometimes, I'll have a student jump up and rewind it a bit, so they can get the answer.

This method is a GREAT way to get students to watch the video, pay attention, and not get bored.

Carolyn Roberts