RE: top five art videos for middle school

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 11 2004 - 06:43:52 PDT

I have these also - my elementary kids were spellbound. Some of the situations presented to intertwine the artist's life with the young person on the video are very real and thought provoking. For example, in the Homer video, there's a young man who's glamourized war - his brother was in the Civil War as a spy - but Winslow has some definite reservations about war after what he'd seen as a reporter. This conflict of ideas gets played out. These are good videos since they include some good character growth ( as in postive virtues).

Jan