Re: top five art videos for middle school

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 21:39:46 PDT

I wonder if this is the same series produced by PBS many years
ago--something like, American Indian Artists. My former HS had the
whole series, though I remember them being longer, nearly an hour (?).
Another good one in the series is on Helen Hardin. She grew up on the
rez, raised by an artist mother, but forged her own distinctive style.
I didn't care for the video on Charles Loloma, though I love his jewelry.

Maggie

Woody Duncan wrote:
> The video on Maria Martinez is a must.
>
> Maria-Indian Pottery of San Ildefonso - (27 minutes)
> Maria Martinez, noted Indian pottery maker shows the traditional Indian
> ways, beginning with the spreading of sacred corn before clay is
> gathered. Also shown are the mixing of clay, construction of pottery,
> hand decorating and building of the firing mound.
>
> * Maria : Indian pottery of San Ildefonso.
> * 1 videocassette (27 min.)
> * I hope it's still available, Woody in KC

---