Re: top five art videos for middle school - Larry

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 14:49:59 PDT

Larry,

The Mike Venezia videos are on page 48 in Crystal
Productions catalog. These are animated videos-
cartoon-like (Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gogh,and da
Vinci). I didn't see them in Art Video World. Crystal
Productions has many that are not listed in Art Video
World. They have a section for K-8 you might want to
browse.

I did like Gerald Brommer's Elements and Principles of
Design videos as a review for my 7th graders. I just
fast forwarded through the projects he did as we
weren't doing any that he did. They would be good for
5th/6th grade too. I just had other ways of reviewing
for 6th and 8th grade. The Brommer videos go with
Elements and Principles of Desing posters on page 5
(Crystal Productions -1-800-255-8629)

You might like Dropping in on Rousseau for your
Rousseau weave painting lesson. I did not like
"Surprise Storm" (boring).

Crystal Productions, Art Video World, Crizmac and Sax
will all give you a 30 day preview. Check each company
to see what they require. They know no art teacher
wants to get stuck with a video they will not use. At
my school, most of our videos (if I wanted them to
come out of Library budget)had to be ordered through
Library Video. You might want to see wht they have to
offer. http://www.libraryvideo.com/

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker