Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: top five art videos for middle school - Larry

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 14:49:59 PDT

The Mike Venezia videos are on page 48 in Crystal
Productions catalog. These are animated videos-
cartoon-like (Rembrandt, Monet, Van Gogh,and da
Vinci). I didn't see them in Art Video World. Crystal
Productions has many that are not listed in Art Video
World. They have a section for K-8 you might want to

I did like Gerald Brommer's Elements and Principles of
Design videos as a review for my 7th graders. I just
fast forwarded through the projects he did as we
weren't doing any that he did. They would be good for
5th/6th grade too. I just had other ways of reviewing
for 6th and 8th grade. The Brommer videos go with
Elements and Principles of Desing posters on page 5
(Crystal Productions -1-800-255-8629)

You might like Dropping in on Rousseau for your
Rousseau weave painting lesson. I did not like
"Surprise Storm" (boring).

Crystal Productions, Art Video World, Crizmac and Sax
will all give you a 30 day preview. Check each company
to see what they require. They know no art teacher
wants to get stuck with a video they will not use. At
my school, most of our videos (if I wanted them to
come out of Library budget)had to be ordered through
Library Video. You might want to see wht they have to

Hope this helps,

Judy Decker

Do you Yahoo!?