Re: top five art videos for middle school

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 12:37:43 PDT

The video on Maria Martinez is a must.

Maria-Indian Pottery of San Ildefonso - (27 minutes)
Maria Martinez, noted Indian pottery maker shows the traditional Indian
ways, beginning with the spreading of sacred corn before clay is
gathered. Also shown are the mixing of clay, construction of pottery,
hand decorating and building of the firing mound.

        * Maria : Indian pottery of San Ildefonso.

        * 1 videocassette (27 min.)
        * I hope it's still available, Woody in KC

Larry Prescott wrote:

> As of last year, my school owned only two videos that I could use in
> my art classes. I want to purchase a few more and thought I would ask
> the list for recommendations. If you have favorites, appropriate for
> middle school, please note them. I appreciate the power of the list.
> Larry
>

> Larry Prescott

---