RE: Thanks Linda- Smokies Trip

---------

From: Hillmer, Jan (HillmJan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 10 2004 - 10:13:58 PDT

My family did the Natchez trace about 7 yrs. ago. It was beautiful, but just so you know, the speed limit is lower than a normal highway, so it'll add to your travel time. Not bad at all, just good to know. The trace is beautiful and somewhat haunting. Do walk some of it! ALso, you'll be near Elvis' birthplace as well as Oprah Winfrey's home town.
That trip has strong memories for us - camping (with tons of mosquitoes), rain almost everyday, and stitches for my son - he fell running down a hill and cut his leg on a broken beer bottle. His stitches didn't hold so he has a larger than necessary scar now, but that's ok - reminds me of the trip!
Jan