Re: rubrics

---------

From: Deborah Gilbert (dngart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 05:39:48 PDT

> Ok, Woody and TwoDucks, this sounds more like me, thanks, I feel
> better. I
> generally grade on - did you participate? did you make a consistent
> effort?
> were you a good classmate? did you finish my project?, and those are
> really
> the only rubric entries I was planning to do. I've made a
> database/form in
> works spreadsheet, and the kids can add comments if they want, no paper
> involved. That's what I'm going to try next fall.

given the prevailing political climate, I am able to come up with an
appropriate rubric, if you press me. But otherwise, I have it broken
down into three parts:

Concept -- does the student get it? Do they understand and respond to
what the assignment is about?

Skills -- where do their skills fall on the scale? are they, with the
skill level they have, able to accomplish the assignment?

Effort -- despite everything else, did they give it the old college
try????

Deborah in Colorado

---