Re: Questions about Art Ed -Woody's Rubric

---------

From: Carolyn Roberts (croberts18_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 08 2004 - 04:11:01 PDT

I like this rubric of Woody's....I think I'll print it out, have it enlarged
to poster size...we have one of those machines that does that....and just
post it in the room with a few modifications that fit my classes.

I agree with Judy...if a student finishes their work and is trying, I don't
give them a grade less than 70. There are also exceptions, but I can't
remember failing anyone who is really trying and works every day.
Carolyn Roberts

> Here is one modified rubric that Woody used. My
> students liked this. I gave it out at the start of the
> grading period. I never gave a 0 on a work of art:
> http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/rubric2.htm
> The lowest grade I gave for finished work was a D.
> Usually unfinished work had other circumstances if it
> was unfinished and I took that into consideration.
> Most of my students finished their assignments - ether
> during academic assist or after school.
> Judy Decker

---