Re: Questions about Art Ed

---------

From: knitzber (knitzber_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 07:39:37 PDT

That indeed is part of the assessment process!
Discussions between stadents and instructors, students
presenting their ideas / work to their classmates in both
formal and informal settings, self evaluation and response
forms, etc., are all on the menu to help with assessment
and ultimately improvement of their comprehension and
performance.

Kevan

> I think the best way to deal with this is to know your
> students, converse with them as they work, pay attention
> to their ideas, know what interests them, not a specific
> set of sequenced tasks. Ick. Who cares if they all shade
> the same, shading Did they get the general idea I was
> going for? We are teaching art, not air conditioning
> repair.
> betty, MFA, messy middle school shader

---