Re: plaster gauze - paper cutters

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 06:52:30 PDT

Greetings all,

I am one who used the paper cutter for everything! I
always cut gauze with the paper cutter - all of my
years of teaching...even with paper cutters that were
as old as I was (grin). I used the paper cutter to cut
linoleum, too (gasp!) - I bet that did wonders for the
blade. Of course it cut corrugated cardboard, too.

That paper cutter was still sharp enough to cut fabric
for me when I needed it to do that, too. Yes - I cut
fabric into nine inch wide strips (for Japanese
calligraphy banners) -- then cut those down to inch
wide after the kids did their calligraphy on them (to
use for weavings). Worked just fine.

Blades can be removed and sharpened from time to time.

Judy