Re: Questions about Art Ed

---------

From: Betty Bowen (bbowen_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 06:11:32 PDT

I think the best way to deal with this is to know your students, converse
with them as they work, pay attention to their ideas, know what interests
them, not a specific set of sequenced tasks. Ick. Who cares if they all
shade the same, shading Did they get the general idea I was going for? We
are teaching art, not air conditioning repair.

betty, MFA, messy middle school shader

> Therein lies the importance of the accomodations mentioned
> in my
> response for some students based upon particular needs, in
> addition to
> the sequenced steps (tasks) that should be built into the
> implementation of the standard that needs to be able to
> address the
> very skill deficiencies that you mentioned. The overall

---