Re: plaster gauze

---------

From: Deborah Gilbert (dngart1_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Fri May 07 2004 - 05:20:54 PDT

> I've started pre-cutting the gauze into pieces with an xacto knife
> instead
> of scissors, I have found it sheds off much less of the plaster, and
> better
> to replace a blade than a pair of scissors.

I have 5th graders do face masks almost every year and I just take the
rolls, one at a time, and send them through the paper cutter. It
usually only takes me 5-10 minutes to cut enough for both 5th grade
classes. Of course, the sound of the blade coming down over and over,
invariably has curious onlookers coming in to see what is going on in
the art room *now*! ;^)

Deborah from Colorado

---