Re: Questions about Art Ed

---------

From: marcia lavery (marciadotcom_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 19:34:05 PDT

I agree with your statement. However, when it comes to grading craftsmanship, I know that no matter how much some kids will try they just don't have the physical capability to color (or shade, or construct) as neatly as other kids, so there has to be some leeway in that area. As for the concepts I teach, I have specific standards to be met.

knitzber <knitzber@ties2.net> wrote:Standards are not standard if the precepts being taught are
based on a
relative response, nor are they viable if the teacher's
belief of a
student's ability level is factored in as a moderating
element in the
scoring. Of course, there are accomodations that are
mandated in
some circumstances that have to be addressed with special
needs