Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Questions about Art Ed -Woody's Rubric

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 06 2004 - 19:26:05 PDT

I don't remember who asked for Woody's grading system.
I watched to see if he would post it.

Here is one modified rubric that Woody used. My
students liked this. I gave it out at the start of the
grading period. I never gave a 0 on a work of art:
The lowest grade I gave for finished work was a D.
Usually unfinished work had other circumstances if it
was unfinished and I took that into consideration.
Most of my students finished their assignments - ether
during academic assist or after school.

One year, I did detailed rubrics with the students
having input. They took too long to do so I developed
some forms that would work for all lessons with just a
bit of tweaking. Some of those are on IAD now. Sorry -
I do not have the detailed ones as those were at

Rubrics for just about any medium are now easy to find

Judy Decker

Do you Yahoo!?