RE: Summer Assignments

---------

From: Jeanne Voltura (jvoltura_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 05 2004 - 17:07:08 PDT

I like the idea of the postcard art project...in addition you could have
them make a postcard while they are away on vacation and send it to you from
where they are (it would be like a fun game of sorts)...tell them it has to
have certain visual elements...for instance, maybe the stamp could have alot
to do with the design too...both sides of the postcard have to be equally
artisitic....could have them use certain images...or color...etc...or base
the postcard they make on some they have seen...you could have them research
the "art postcard"...there are several listings under that topic on
line...there is a site called Bathtub Art Museum--Handmade Postcard Exhibit
which is somewhat adult in content but very cool...there are other sites
that talk about postcard art...