Re: slide film

---------

From: Maggie White (mwhiteaz_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 21:13:23 PDT

Occasm@aol.com wrote:
> I really hope this is not true, but I've also heard that Kodak will no
> longer conduct new film product research. Truly sad because I still
> believe film to be best. I have many carousels of family vacations and
> an old Ektagraphic projector. NOw I'll have to baby it.

I agree--film is better. I've never seen a PowerPoint image that's as
good a quality as a slide. Plus, I really question the archival quality
of digital images; unless you're using a printer with really superior,
lightfast inks, I don't think the digital images last as long.

BTW, Mike, I had my 20 year old projector serviced last year; the part
cost 7.50, the labor 75.00 (they gave it a good cleaning as well). It
was a place in Phoenix. I thought the money was well spent; had never
needed a repair 'til then, and that one only because I had accidentally
blocked the fan outlet and fried this part.

Maggie, feeling anachronistic

---