Questions about Art Ed

---------

From: priestlr (priestlr_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 16:05:38 PDT

     I am interested to see how fellow art teachers will answer the following 2-part question.

     (1a.) When grading a piece of student artwork, do you rely mostly on absolute standards (compairing a students work to a defined set of tasks), relative standards (compairing a students work to his/her classmates) or growth standards (compairing a students work to what the teacher believes the student is capable of)?

     (1b.) Why do you feel this is the best approach?

---