Lesson Plan on IAD for Klee-Africa-Egypt connection

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 14:33:47 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get Jan Hillmer's
Paul Klee meets Egypt lesson on Incredible Art
Department. Great for elementary and middle school:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/elem/jan-klee.htm
Linked from Elementary Lesson Plans on IAD.
It is good one for mixing modern styles with ancient
art. Paul Klee went to Tunisia and Egypt. I don't
recall the other African countries he visited. Maybe
someone out there knows?

Jan sent me other examples - One with the Egyptian
image more prominent - sharper contrasts so it stood
out --and one where the image was very subtle - both
very nice interpretations of the lesson, too.

Jan - if you see this. I no longer have the email you
sent tellng me where the inspiration for this lesson
came from - that was in that old Yahoo Inbox. Please
sent info to me when you can - no rush.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker