RE: Query for ideas

---------

Renee.Berg_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 06:06:12 PDT

Vicki, That is a big question. What type of research do you have to do? I have to start my Action Research paper next month by doing a literature review over the summer and then the action next fall. I bought the Research and Methodologies in Art Education book through NAEA and I bought the Arts and the Creation of Mind by Elliot Eisner. IN his last chapter he poses research needed in Arts Education. Some of the questions are What do teachers of the arts do when they teach and what are its consequences? What kind of curriculum activities do teachers ask students to engage in? To what content are those activities related? What forms of thinking do they evoke? How do they introduce what they want their students to learn? What kinds of comments do they make to their students as they view their work? What kind of scaffolding do they provide? What kind of emotional support do they provide so that their students can take risks? How do they go about developing their students technical skills Do they promote the
use of imagination through their teaching and how?...... Many more questions on page 215. We have to pose our research as a question. I think I'm learning towards: How does the use of a wireless lab impact art teacher instruction and student inquiry? I'm not sure. I looked also at: How does peer critiquing effect the students final product? Good luck
Renee
Renee Berg
6th,7th Art and 8th grade Art Tech
Mitchell Public Schools