Mark Tansey

---------

From: Elizabeth Heisey (eheisey_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 04 2004 - 05:24:27 PDT

I cannot remember if I posted this name recently or not.
I love the aspect of puzzlement in art for quality classroom
discussions and problem solving. Not exactly my passion but a really
fun artist to think about is Mark Tansey.
Mark Tansey's parents were both art history profs and I guess you can
see in his paintings the discussions that must have gone on around
their dinner table.
One in our local Columbus museum shows a reflection of Monet (upside
down) on his own waterlily pond, opening the gate for more water to
flow into it.

---