Vicki - a research topic - teaching with the brain in mind

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 11:28:27 PDT

Greetings Vicki,

Sorry to post wiwth the entire list - but I didn't
save Vicki's email address....

How about something along the lines of Brain Reseach?
That topic interests you. I remember your Teaching on
the Right Side of the Brain posts. See this article
for inspiration (posted by Alix):
The Issues: Teaching with the Brain in Mind
By Christopher Taibbi, M. A. T.
http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/prek2/issues/404issue.shtm

Of course you would gear it to your grade level. Do
share back with the list what you decide to do. Many
ask the list for research topics.

Judy Decker

--- Alix Peshette <apeshet@comcast.net> wrote:
> I don't remember if Bonnie Bracey posted this on
> ArtsEdNet, ..... This link to PBS has
> some GREAT stuff on brain research as it applies to
> teaching. The central point it that kids need to
VISUALIZE to access information in the brain.
Boy, if ever we needed justification for the value
of the arts, creativity and visualization, this
article is IT!!
http://www.pbs.org/teachersource/prek2/issues/index.shtm#classroom

Alix E. Peshette