Re: Query for ideas

---------

TwoDucks_at_TeacherArtExchange
Date: Mon May 03 2004 - 10:05:52 PDT

In a message dated 5/3/2004 9:15:15 AM Eastern Daylight Time, vranck0602 writes:

> what do you think is important as it relates to teaching
> the arts or student learning through the arts.
Here are some places you might like to look: Elliot Eisner's recent book THE ARTS AND THE CREATION OF MIND has a chapter on possible paths for future research in the visual arts. The entire book contains lots of jumping off places for further research. The LAB at Brown Univ. created the Best Practice website which includes visual arts. There are four research summaries there, each of which could send you off in a profitable direction. (http://knowledgeloom.org/tab) Student investment, how art education can include authentic "moves" of practicing artists and how we differentiate between what we have taught and what has been learned are three very large questions that, in my opinion, beg for answers...Happy Hunting!
kathy douglas

---