Re: Video reviews -- Dropping in on Matisse

---------

From: Pam (pgstephens_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sun May 02 2004 - 18:46:30 PDT

As the author of the "Dropping in on" videos and books, let me add that the
intent of the videos is "selected viewing." They are definitely too long
for a single viewing, especially for the little ones.

In order to make the videos substantial, we had to include plenty of
material and this leads to a lengthy video that is better when shown in
snippets. The next time you use the "Dropping in on" videos, try showing
small segments over a period of a few days and see if that works better.

By the way, the idea for making the videos came from my own classroom
experiences of not having quality art resources for the youngest learners.
Most videos I found were either too high level or downright silly and taught
little of nothing. Out of frustration, I decided to make my own resources
and took my idea to market.

Many thanks for using the "Dropping in on" videos. Let me know if you (or
any other list member) have suggestions for future artists to explore.