Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Post your "Passion" artist

From: artappeal (artappeal_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 21:33:20 PDT

Paula Rego
Eric Fischl
I like narrative work. Looking at these images really makes me think. You
have to interpret the clues the artist has given you, the title, the
expressions, the costumes and props, the environment, as well as the
elements of the design. My preference probably stems from the art I did as
a child. I would create characters who had a story which would unfold as I
drew. Now when I paint, even my still lifes are narrative (in my mind