Get your own Art Room Online - on IAD

---------

From: Judith Decker (jdecker4art_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 13:17:58 PDT

Dear ArtsEdNetters,

Linda asked for the particulars for the new Art Rooms
for Incredible Art Department.

I am finalizing the criteria for these right now --
but am flexible for other ideas.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artroom/artroom.html
I have made a template to make it easier on me -- and
you. You may submit 8 - 12 or 16 images. Eight to
twelve will go on one page - 16 will have two
pages. Each month you can send me new images to
showcase so your Art Room stays fresh and invites new
visitors. See sample template:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/artroom/artroom2.htm
Your Art Room will stay online until you get your own
site online - and then it will remain until I get a
new one to replace it.

As an additional option - you may send in your own
clown image - maybe make it a contest (a simple
homework assignment)? Keep it very simple. Any kind
of Jpeg or gif will do. I will sharpen it so it looks
closer to the others. Bold colors will work best (like
markers). There is even a site where you can
design a clown and print them off. I have the link on
my Art for Kids page. Ken Rohrer started the clowns -
but we can switch it The Many Faces of Art -
Click a Face if you prefer not send a clown - OR I can
find another clown online to use (there are LOTS out
there)

You may also come up with your own slogan to put in
the title - or a favorite quote (keep it simple - to
one line). See Bunki Kramer's student quotes for
ideas:
http://www.lcms.srvusd.k12.ca.us/newKramer/quotes.htm

Remember it is your responsibility to get the
permission slips signed...Keep them simple. I have
three samples:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/Files/publish.htm
Let's just cover the bases on this. You can use this
to help teach students copyright law.

And one final note...Yes.... I would like just one
lesson plan for all of my work that I do for you and
your students - but that can come later. You do
not have to submit it with the work. We can "talk"
about it. Otherwise. this service is FREE.

Please send images to my road runner address. This
account does not have enough space to handle
attachments. My address is on the site and my site.

Judy Decker

=====
Judy Decker
jdecker4art@yahoo.com