Summer Courses in Region 11 :)

---------

From: Christine Besack (mrsbeeswax_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 01 2004 - 04:16:14 PDT

HI All,
Just wanted to give a heads up to you , regarding a great summer graduate course offered by UArts in Bucks County, PA !
Bucks County is known for its history and contributions to the arts. Come visit a beautiful part of PAEA Region 11 this Summer and earn grad credits while you enjoy the sites and sounds of our area.

Hope you can take advantage of this opportunity. I know I will be there !
Christine Besack :)
PAEA Region 11 Rep.
(for more info see the UArts website: http://www.uarts.edu/continue/insp/)
WELCOME TO CONTINUING INSPIRATION 2004 - A Week of Renewal

Continuing Inspiration is a weeklong summer renewal for creative educators, held in two locations: Bucks County, PA and in Philadelphia. Each program is a three-credit graduate level class designed to give participants a studio experience with wide application for use in the classroom.

Susan Rodriguez, an artist, educator, and author who holds the rank of professor at The University of the Arts will be Instructor of Record and lead the class. She will explain all course requirements on the first day, guide museum visits, and will grade the assignments. During Continuing Inspiration Week, you'll work with widely known artists and educators, focusing on your choice of studio concentration.

Professor Rodriguez has written The Special Artist's Handbook, ArtSmart!, and CultureSmart!, popular resource guides for teachers. She was the 1996 PA Teacher of the Year, received the Disney American Teacher Award, and the Milken Family Foundation Outstanding Educator Award.

Bucks County Summer: July 19 - 23, 2004
Our studio choices are: Jewelry Making, Origami Across the Curriculum, Printmaking: Monotypes, Digital Video: iMovie, Literacy through Photography, and Landscape Painting.

Philly Summer: August 9 - 13, 2004
Our studio choices are: Jewelry Making, Book Arts, Ceramic Casting, Drawing & Sculpting, Digital Photography, and Printmaking.

Tuition: three graduate credits: $640 lab/materials fee: $50

Space is limited, enroll early!

---