Re: thanks Mac Question

---------

From: Woody Duncan (wduncan_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Sat May 31 2003 - 16:08:24 PDT

Weather the attached picture comes in as part of the
message or as an attachment you have to open seems to
be a factor of the computer you are on. I'm on an i-Mac
and most pics are at the bottom of the message already
open. It is important not to send/attach too large a pic.
I suggest you resize the pics you intend to send prior to
attaching them. Just open the pic up in whatever photo
editing software you use. Make sure it is 72 dpi and resize
it to about 3 x 5 inch. It's best to save it as a jpeg file.
My new digital camera shoots pics at 180 dpi. And I think
my scanner produces a 300 dpi image. 72 dpi is best for
e-mail but you also should resize it so it will fit on the
screen and download easily. Be careful it may look small
on your monitor and still be an 11 x 14 image.
When you resize it be sure to save it with a changed file
name so as not to save over your original photo. It's a shame
we can't attach pics to messages we send to the list. We
are all such visual thinkers, it would really help us communicate.
                                                                Woody in KC

--
28 Quality Middle School Art Lessons
in powerpoint format, on one CD $15