Mexican Folk Art Paper Mache Lesson

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 09:25:00 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

Mexican Folk Art (Oaxacan animals) was listed on both elementary and middle
school cultures lists... I have updated the lesson plan with an elementary
adaptation.
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/Lessons/7-alebrijes.htm
I have no idea where the images came from as the original IAD plan has been
lost. I am guessing at the grade level based on my own experiences. I have
done them with third grade level at a local Art center. We took two - two
hour sessions (Saturday classes). When I did them with fifth graders it took
five classes for students to complete. I had them write stories (and
illustrate) about their animals while waiting for paper mache to dry.

If my link doesn't work for you - enter through IAD home - Lesson Plans -
Middle School - then click link. Note - Middle School folder is still

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/