Re: artsednet digest: May 28, 2003

---------

From: Jean Womack (jeaneger_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 06:03:17 PDT

I'm from the San Francisco Bay Area in a neighborhood called Point Richmond,
which is listed on the Historic Register as a "turn of the century company
town." The company was Standard Oil of California, now called Chevron.
It's complete with a historic red light district, and a historic speakeasy
bar/restaurant/nightclub which is still hiring 16 year olds, with the
approval of the police. They don't just look the other way, they open the
door for them, I guess. There's not much I can do about it, except write
about it. Watch your step, don't stumble on the kids.
Jean

---