Re: - Castles out of sand?

---------

From: kcaraway (kcaraway_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 20:39:50 PDT

Why not make a sand castle sand casting (tongue-twister!) with plaster? You would have to "unbuild" the castle as a shaped hole into the sand, upside down, instead of building it up, and pour plaster into it. If your students are young, the reversal thing would be a problem, but they sure would look cool and it looks like solid sand. They could stick their fingers into it or push wooden blocks and other objects into the wet sand, and get neat turrets and spikes and things that I think would be fun to see in reverse.
Karla, Arkansas