RE: Blueprint Paper

---------

From: Sandra Rowland (serowland_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 18:54:17 PDT

Is this the paper that develops in water or do you need the machine that
engineers use that has ammonia? I used the sun print paper with my K-4
classes on a sunny day with a bucket of water. First, I discussed
photography how it works and why it is usually done in the dark. This
lecture was my first observation and I did the lecture in the dark with
the kids around my silkscreen light. The principal was very impressed
because the kids were fascinated and asked great questions. I did a demo
explaining that everything on the negative that was black would be white
and the clear would stay blue. Then the students drew their own
negatives on overhead transparencies (the kind that will not go through
the Xerox, as it is cheaper and we had an overload in the media center)
with sharpies. We did this in November, so I had them draw a winter
scene (i.e. a snowman for the little ones). They turned out great, I
matted both the negative and print together.

Any more questions please send them after the 9th of June. I'm going to
England!

Sandra

I was cleaning the artroom for summer and came across 3 packages of
blueprint paper. The size is something like 36" x 100" with 10" folds.
I teach elementary level art, K-5. Got any ideas?
     Jill in Colorado ---

---