Re: Music

---------

From: Dennis Golombek (dennis_golombek_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 14:00:39 PDT

I have a large selection of CDs in school that I select from time to time.
They range from jazz to classical along with some classic rock from the
50's. (The kids think I recorded them in the 1750s.) We are fortunate in the
Buffalo area to have access to two Public Radio stations. One Classical and
one Jazz. I sometimes listen to those in class or from the two golden oldies
  stations.

I also offer a much narrower range for my after school detention students.
Those include Klezmer music, Gregorian chant, opera arias and Japanese flute
music. Normally, after the first few weeks of school in September, I hardly
have any kids staying for detention. I consider that time a Cultural
Enrichment Opportunity( CEO)for them and it is music that I sometimes listen
to to relax. They may never have another chance to hear a Pavarotti, a Lucia
Bartoli or Itzhak Perlman again.

Dennis
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300>Dennis Golombek </FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>Lowry Middle School </FONT>
<DIV></DIV><FONT color=#003300>North Tonawanda, NY </FONT>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#003300></FONT></DIV><FONT
color=#003300>http://www.dgolombek.net
<HR>
</FONT></DIV></DIV></html>