Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Music

From: Aaron Hopkins (hopkiaar_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 08:02:22 PDT

i LOVE music in my elementary i play it often when we are
working...i find that the types of music that are played can often
dictate the way the students behave. i usually play folk music that is
just some singing and guitar.
David Wilcox is an amazing artist who has a bunch of albums out and his
music is meaninful at the same time!
Michael Lille, SGGL, John Denver, and others are interesting to kids.
It may not be the hip-hop or hard rock they like because of the energy,
but they like this stuff because it's easy to concentrate on the work
and the music is deep

>>> 05/28/03 09:31AM >>>
I work in a middle school and there is a lot of time when the kids are
working on a project for a few days in a row, I usually play the radio
for them but they are constantly asking to put on certain radio
stations. I tried playing them, but I have to change the station
because of inappropriate talk or songs (on top of the fact that I can
expect my principal to stop in once or twice a day and I want to be
certain that the music is conducive to his standards).I think I am going
to have to resort to my personal CDs or oldies music stations so that I
can be certain there is no inappropriate material, which I am sure will
not go over well with the students but I can't think of any other way to
resolve the problem.What do you all do in respect to music, I know some
don't like playing it at all in class, but those of you who do, how do
you handle the type to play? Thanks for your inputDiana

Do you Yahoo!?