Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

From: Diana Gualtieri (artinpa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 06:31:03 PDT

I work in a middle school and there is a lot of time when the kids are working on a project for a few days in a row, I usually play the radio for them but they are constantly asking to put on certain radio stations. I tried playing them, but I have to change the station because of inappropriate talk or songs (on top of the fact that I can expect my principal to stop in once or twice a day and I want to be certain that the music is conducive to his standards).I think I am going to have to resort to my personal CDs or oldies music stations so that I can be certain there is no inappropriate material, which I am sure will not go over well with the students but I can't think of any other way to resolve the problem.What do you all do in respect to music, I know some don't like playing it at all in class, but those of you who do, how do you handle the type to play? Thanks for your inputDiana

Do you Yahoo!?