Music

---------

From: Diana Gualtieri (artinpa_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 06:31:03 PDT

I work in a middle school and there is a lot of time when the kids are working on a project for a few days in a row, I usually play the radio for them but they are constantly asking to put on certain radio stations. I tried playing them, but I have to change the station because of inappropriate talk or songs (on top of the fact that I can expect my principal to stop in once or twice a day and I want to be certain that the music is conducive to his standards).I think I am going to have to resort to my personal CDs or oldies music stations so that I can be certain there is no inappropriate material, which I am sure will not go over well with the students but I can't think of any other way to resolve the problem.What do you all do in respect to music, I know some don't like playing it at all in class, but those of you who do, how do you handle the type to play? Thanks for your inputDiana