Re: OT--Is this a local trend in writing or do your students do it, too?

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 06:18:52 PDT

I remember writing in "cool" ways in middle school, too. Just tell them it's fine for writing notes to someone, but you expect decent penmanship on work turned in for a grade. They do that stuff here too.

JKGIBB1@aol.com wrote:A large majority of my seventh grade girls have adopted a new way of making
the letter "S"--they tilt it to the right about 45 degrees. Have any of you
seen this in your students' printing and writing? It really makes their writing
hard to read. It has become a habit--every "S" they write is made this way.
One student told me it was "cool". I wonder if any other middle schoolers
are doing this.

Irene