Find Lesson Plans on! GettyGames

Re: Tracy Albert - Impressionistic Flower? (Sandy and all)

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 20:06:03 PDT

Sandy and all.

Good news after all. Tracy's site WILL be available during the summer. The
tech folks are going to leave it online. Tracy will be in France! and
will be working more on the Peace Banners. Check those out too.

I got the "how to" on the Jungle....but didn't on the flowers. Tracy - can
you share? Tempera paint and sponge painted flowers? Wet in wet "blotto"
print cut-out flowers? I guess I should have saved one of those too.

The Jungles were one of my favorites:
5th Jungle. Rousseau inspired. Bright colored construction paper. Oil
pastels -color heavy -
covered with black tempera with a little soap added (picture underneath
visable). Paper clips scratched through the tempera to reveal the picture
underneath. You could also use those scratch knives. This is an awesome
I've done many projects like this with heavy crayon - but never with oil
pastels. I want to try it myself.