Re: Middle School Artists - Cultures/ancient Greece

---------

From: Jayna Huffines (jayna_99_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 18:01:25 PDT

I haven't done this yet- but I've been meaning to:

Mycenae and foil jewelry

For Middle Eastern art, mosaics could be used, or you could (in a vague way) reference lettering as art, because so much of Middle Eastern art has written characters included. Maybe a long shot, but just a thought. If nothing else, architecture would would be appropriate.

Jayna

Judy Decker <jdecker@woh.rr.com> wrote:
Dear Middle School Teachers,

Here is the promised list of artists and cultures that middle school
teachers cover. Keep in mind this is a compilation of all you submitted so
far. Keep adding to the list when you have time. This summer, we will share
ideas we have done for these various artists and cultures. I will post the
list again once all you want to add are included.

Artists:

Sandy Skoglund
Jacob Lawrence
John Biggers
Jesus Moroles
Henry Moore
Stuart Davis
Romare Bearden
M.C. Escher
Henri Matisse
Vincent Van Gogh
Georgia O'Keeffe
Roy Lichtenstein
Chuck Close
Keith Haring
Georges Seurat
Piet Mondrian
Pablo Picasso
M.C. Escher
Roy Lichtenstien
Bridget Riley
Remebrandt
George Rouault
Leonardo Da Vinci
Jackson Pollock
Albrecht Durer
Pop Art (Andy Warhol - Robert Rauschenberg - Claes Olderburg)
Impressionism (Claude Monet and others)
Janet Fish with watercolor/painting
Frida Kahlo with self portraits
Frank Lloyd Wright - with Architecture
Renaissance (various artists - perspective)
Middle Ages
Kathe Kollwitz
Hokusai
Wyland
Christo and Jeanne Claude
Wassily Kandinsky

Cultures:

Haiti
African art - various cultures (Sahara and Sub Sahara)
Mayan - Inca/Andean (Pre-Columbina)
Egypt
Ancient Greece (anyone do a lesson?)
Roman
Middle East (anyone do a lesson? how about Islamic Art?)
Inuit
Japan
China
India