RE: Middle School Artists - Cultures

---------

From: LeAnn Escoffre (lescoffre_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 16:20:58 PDT

Am doing a tempera batik based on Hindu sculpture. Was wary of touching on
Islamic art due to the current situation of the U.S. etc. So far we have
drawn our interpretation of the sculpture of "Shriva" (sorry sp)we have gone
over the lines with yellow chalk, have painted with brite tempera paint,
removed chalk, and gone over the entire image with a layer of ink. Next
class there are some students who will begin to "bathe" their piece to
remove the ink. I hope they turn out well. The kids were really distressed
about putting ink over their piece. I told them to read through the process,
but they are so reluctant to read. Anyway wish me luck for tomorrow. I hope
these turn out.
LeAnn

Cultures:

Middle East (anyone do a lesson? how about Islamic Art?)

---