Assessment Rubrics (Middle School)

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 12:31:26 PDT

Dear Art Educators,

LeAnn Escoffre sent me her rubrics. I think she has done an outstanding job
for a first year teacher! I have put her samples online (LeAnn - I added the
comments to your rubric):
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/LeAnnRubric1.htm
she easily changes the objective for each project:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/LeAnnRubric2.htm

Some of you who use a ten point scale could easily adapt these to 10 - 9 -
8- 7- 6 (that is usually what I used).
I was lucky - I was allowed to grade behavior (participation). Students did
this themselves. Poor behavior not only had a negative impact on the student
misbehaving - but effected those around him/her as well. Good behavior was
very important in my room. I was always available after school for those
students who couldn't concentrate if the class got too noisy. I would have
hated to give that cooperating student a lower grade because they weren't
able to finish because I was occupied by disciplining disruptive students.

Rubrics are linked from:
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/lessons/middle/yearplan.htm

Since no one needs my old year plan I will be revamping this page over the
summer (may leave the year plan on just so folks get an idea how long my
projects took - I get that question from time to time).

If anyone else has rubrics - parent letters (like wish list letters) -
discipline plans - Internet worksheets - anything you want to share. Send to
me and I will add them to the file sharing page.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department
http://www.princetonol.com/groups/iad/