Re: RE: multicolor printing

---------

From: Sue Stewart (Sue_Stewart_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 11:41:32 PDT

"ArtsEdNet Talk" <artsednet@lists.getty.edu> writes:
>if
>anyone would like to pass along registration tips that have worked, i
>could use your help. thanks.

I do fairly complicated reduction prints with high school kids - they
start with one color; next print is a color over a printed background -
for this step they have to build a cardboard register (we raid the recycle
bin) for their block - this is two sided with a firm base (lots of glue)
and a register for paper and block. This works because all my blocks are
4X6 and all my paper is cut the same - more advanced kids build other
registers for bigger blocks. After the register is built they coat it
with medium or some other water proof product so they can use it over and
over. They go on to two color reduction and finally many color reduction.

Sue E. Stewart
Sumner High School

---