High School Jewelry Teachers - video

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 11:16:23 PDT

Dear Jewelry teachers,

I just happen to have my Crystal Porductions catalog open right now
(1-800-255-8629). The Jewelry video I previewed a couple of months ago is
listed on page 66 - sells for $39.95 (no. VC-643). It would be an excellent
addition to your library. Some jewerly teachers (on Getty ArtsEdNet) highly
recommend it.

This was my review:
I just viewed The Complete Metalsmith with Tim McCreight today (Brookfield
Craft Center Video Library) This is a great companion to his book, the
Complete
Metalsmith.While the video is 70 minutes long, you wouldn't show the whole
video the same day. You would devide it into sections -- the video is easily
devided into "chapters". It is very easy to fast forward thru steps you will
not be doing with the students. I highly recommend it for your beginning
jewelry classes. He shows how to cut and pierce the metal-- how to join
(goes into the science of joining - what is happening)-- how to form --and
surface techniques. He does a very good job explaining how to do each
process and stresses proper safety - and shows tools needed. Included at the
end of the video is a section where he makes three projects - a ring and a
pendant showing two different ways to set stones and the last project a
hinged box. I think it would be a great addition to your high school video
library.

I am looking for Jewelry lesson plans to put on Incredible Art Department.
In doing Interent searches for other list members, I have found that there
is very little out there. Summer is good for me. Linda Woods will be sharing
her etched metal lesson that is suitable for grades 6 through 12. I would
like some high school examples to put on the lesson plan. Watch for this
lesson by the end of June.

Judy Decker - Ohio
Jdecker@woh.rr.com
Incredible Art Department