About Christine Sumner Lyman's art program

---------

From: Judy Decker (jdecker_at_TeacherArtExchange)
Date: Tue May 27 2003 - 10:10:55 PDT

Christine Besack had asked some questions about Christine Sumner Lyman's art
program.

http://jefffleming.com/lyman/ (Featured as a Gret Site for June)
Sumner- Lyman, Christine. Art work K thru six and Art Studio. Donnelly
Elementary Schools and Senior High for the Susquehanna Valley CSD in
Conklin, NY

I suspected Christine would miss the post so I forwarded the questions on to
her. Here are her answers in case others are curious.

From Christine Besack:

Your projects and site are just wonderful !
I am revamping my curriculum over the Summer and can't wait to get started!
A few questions (inquiring minds want to know ):

Did you make up your own curriculum or do you have a text ?

>> I made up my own curriculum. I select based on giving students in each
grade level a progressive experience in their materials and methods, based
on dbae/artists/cultures. New York State Art Teachers Association has just
published a written curriculum. I submitted my elementray curriculum to them
and am credited for it in the index. My curriculum is standards based. I
have also found Culture Smart, Art Smart, and Davis Adventures in Art series
and slides to be helpful. I love the internet for references. I also love
Dover publications for their great, cheap postcard and sticker sets for